A message to patients considering outpatient surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our facility is now open Monday-Friday to perform ALL surgery: elective and urgent. Call 573-443-8773 to discuss telehealth consultation options with a Columbia Surgical Associates Surgeon.
What makes CSA Surgical such a safe place for surgical care?
- Our facility is small with eight expert level full-time employees.
- We average fewer than 10 total patients per day to maximize individual patient care.
- We focus on only three surgical specialties; providing a completely tailored surgical experience.
- Our only patients are surgical patients.
- We do not admit or treat patients for flu-like or contagious illnesses.
- Due to the nature of elective outpatient surgery, a "sick" patient's surgery will be postponed for their own safety before they ever enter our facility.
- Our Infection Control team diligently monitors hand washing compliance, facility disinfection, and a myriad of other infection prevention measures.
What COVID-19 specific safety measures are we taking?
Everyone who works in surgery marches to the drum of risk mitigation. We reduce risk for a living. It comes as naturally to us as a Llabrador playing fetch. We continue to safely meet the urgent surgical needs of some of the most immunocompromised in our community by implementing measures to reduce exposure risk:
- Requiring daily symptom screening for all staff, physicians and patients.
*Call before you arrive if you are experiencing any flu like symptoms.*
- Restricting facility access to only those essential for patient care.
- Re-organized lobby to ensure safe sitting distance for patients, although you can wait in the car right up until it is time to get you ready for surgery. Our lobby is often empty and this is by design.
- Enhanced routine facility disinfecting and cleaning measures.
- You can also apply through our website for healthcare credit. We understand financial constraints could be a concern right now, maybe more than ever. We are confident that our facility costs are among the most competitive and the best value you will find.
- Our website also hosts a robust amount of information for our surgical patients. Check it out!
We are proud to say the measures we have put in place have been effective and will continue to evolve as additional recommendations develop. We will continue doing our part to meet the challenges of today to make sure you receive high quality, safe, and on-time surgical care!
*Our facility maintains close collaboration with the local health care community, partnership in the Region F Emergency Preparedness Coalition and monitors the COVID-19 safe practice enhancement recommendations of numerous sources including but not limited to our Nuehealth management partners, The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the CDC, CMS, DHSS, Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN), American College of Surgeons (ACS), Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA), Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), Association for Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), The Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC), the Missouri Hospital Association (MHA) and the American Hospital Association (AHA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).*