Dr. John Adams
- Completed MBA at University Missouri 2017
- Completed Fellowship in Vascular Surgery at the University of Missouri in Columbia in 1995
- Completed General Surgery Internship and Residency at St. Paul Hospital/University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas in 1993
- Earned MD at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in 1988
- Earned BS, Biology at Baylor University in 1984
- Board-certified in both General and Vascular Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons having served as president of the Missouri chapter 2006-2007
- Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Society of Vascular Surgery, St. Louis Vascular Surgical Society
- Member of the Community Practice and Alternative Payment Committees for the Society of Vascular Surgery
- Served as Chief of Surgery, Medical Director of the Vascular Laboratory, Chair of the Surgery/Administrative Committee, Chair of the Medical Executive Committee, Chair of the Leadership Council, and Chief of Staff at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Missouri.
- Presented over 25 papers at scientific meetings and has published numerous scientific articles and textbook chapters dealing with various aspects of vascular disease
- Specializes in treating venous and arterial vascular disorders including varicose veins, carotid disease, aneurysms, and lower extremity ischemia with an approach that integrates comprehensive patient evaluation with vascular testing as indicated
- Treatment philosophy emphasizes tailoring a treatment plan which emphasizes both functional and cosmetic results with minimally-invasive endovascular and microsurgical techniques
Dr. Adams and his wife Krista have 4 children and live in Columbia. Now that the children are grown and out of the house, he can be found at annual fundraising events in Columbia and entertaining the crowd as an comedian. He is an avid marathon runner and regularly participates in "Last Vol State 500K" a 314 mile foot race across TN. Dr. Adam recently obtained his MBA at MU Trulaske School of Business. Fun Fact: Dr. Adams is a former professional rodeo bull rider!!
Knowing more about your physician leads to better communication around your healthcare! At CSA Surgical Center we want you to have a familiar face behind the stethoscope, to learn more about Dr. Adams, click here.