Quality Initiatives and Patient Satisfaction
CSA Surgical Center is committed to providing the highest level of quality care and patient satisfaction. The center's number one priority is to provide surgical and recovery care in an environment that is safe, comfortable and focused on individualized patient care. CSA Surgical was established by a dedicated group of area physicians, seeking a better way to serve their patients. You will find everyone at our center is dedicated to the same mission!
Our facility is involved in the following state and national healthcare quality initiatives and groups:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
Through these organizations, we were honored as the national 2018 recipient of the AAAHC Bernard A. Kerschner Quality Award and highlighted in Outpatient Surgery Magazine for our work in patient pain reduction following surgery.
We have a dedicated healthcare team to making improvements, some examples include:
- Patient satisfaction
- Employee Engagement
- Medication Safety
- Infection Control
- Pain Management — Click here for a recent study on administering Tylenol pre-op
- Patient Flow Efficiency Throughout Facility
- Patient Safety
- Physician Satisfaction
We monitor multiple areas to evaluate processes and outcomes:
- Medication Administration Safety
- Prevention of Healthcare Acquired Infections
- Pre-procedure Time-outs
- Surgical Appropriateness
- National Patient Safety Goals
- Hand Hygiene
- Sterilization of Instruments
We have established an internal survey process committed to providing ongoing consultative review of our centers performance within quality standards. We utilize Press Ganey for evaluating a range of quality services that meet the growing and changing needs of healthcare.
CSA Surgical Center is proud to announce we've received above the national average scores in regard to would you recommend the facility, confidence in care received, nursing staff and surgeon courtesy, and continues to improve upon their own scores from quarter to quarter.
We are honored to receive Newsweek's Best Ambulatory Center in America Award
Over 4,600 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in the 25 states were analyzed and CSA Surgical Center landed on Newsweeks of the best ambulatory surgery centers in America and scored an impressive ranking by industry experts placing them as 6th best surgical centers in Missouri by Newsweek and Statista. The experts choice in surgical care.
We value patient satisfaction responses. Our goal is and will always be to exceed your expectations!
Here's just a few suggestions from patient feedback that we've implemented from your feedback:
- On site pre-op testing (labs, EKGs) if needed
- Increased seating in waiting room
- Footies for my feet
- Gluten free snack options in the recovery area
Here's just a few comments from CSA Surgical Patients...
- "I've had many surgeries at the top hospitals in the world; even though this was a minor procedure, the care was second to none."
- "I was embarrassed coming in for this surgery, but the staff and physicians at CSA took all my embarrassment away with their kindness and professionalism."
- "Really awesome preparation during the COVID-19 pandemic. The receptionist checked us in and then spent the next 20 minutes sanitizing the waiting area. That's impressive!"
- "I enjoyed how the staff supported each other... were like a family working together to make their patients comfortable."
- "The nursing staff is so friendly, kind and patient. Everyone seems to genuinely care about me and my comfort."
- "Easy access, faster than going to hospital."
- "Great place for outpatient surgery! I had a hernia repair there and couldn't have asked for a better surgical experience. Friendly, caring, competent staff, short wait times, clean environment, quick recovery."
- "Your Director of Nursing Lisa, you had to pick her from heaven."
- "I like the whole atmosphere, which was very clean and all the staff were helpful and kind."
- "Everything went smooth."
- "My nurse Joni, was so friendly, kind, patient and welcoming. She was the best part of my surgical experience. She was so lovely and sweet, genuinely cared about my comfort."
- "Everyone was very professional and treated myself and my wife with the greatest respect."
- "Dr. Grossman and staff were wonderful! Very pleased with my experience."
- "The nurses are awesome and delightful. They helped alleviate my anxiety."
- "Fantastic! Great people, great team. Dr. Kimberly Suppes was awesome. I think it was the first time I giggled as I was being anesthetized. Thank You all for a great experience."
- "Easy in, easy out….good communication."
- "Love, real humans answer the phone."
- "Dr. Suppes is fantastic, highly recommended, great bedside manner."
- "Jessica and Erin were very kind and made me feel comfortable while I was there."
- "Pre-procedure wait time was reasonable."
- "Everyone kept me well informed what was going to happen and why throughout the procedure."
- "Clean, private, courteous."
- "Joni was very nice."
- "Great staff, easy finding the center and parking."
- "The staff was very accommodating, respectful and helpful with my scheduling needs. And, I was greatly impressed with the convenience and totally professional facilities and services of the Surgical Center. I've not required surgery for many years, but my experiences always were associated with hospitals. I now have personal experience with a surgical center that is an absolutely legitimate alternative to a hospital for outpatient surgical services."
- "All of the nurses and staff were all so happy and cordial to one another. That told me they enjoyed one another and that says a lot about a facility.""Much easier to access than the hospital and perfect for my kind of surgery. Everyone was friendly and helpful. So grateful for the good care."
- "CSA Surgical Center was wonderful. The entire staff was so kind to me and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I will definitely recommend my doctor as well as the surgery center as a whole. I loved how clean and organized the facility was. A not-so-pleasant surgery turned out to be one of the best surgical experiences I have ever had!"
- "Was able to get consultation with surgeon fast."
- "Small enough that you got full attention from all"
- "The people that I encountered at CSA Surgical, all had smiles and a friendly demeanor, which isn't necessarily rare... but having had numerous experiences over the years, it's difficult to get the entire team at that level, and it's not hard to find a crabby person in your line of work. Having a positive person greet you and experience that positivity throughout the entire process means a lot as a patient. CSA definitely hit the mark. Keep the staff smiling, more often than not you'll infect others with a little brighter day"