Quality Initiatives and Patient Satisfaction
CSA Surgical Center is commited to providing the highest level of quality care and patient satisfaction. The center's number one priority is to provide surgical and recovery care in an environment that is safe, comfortable and focused on individualized patient care. CSA Surgical was established by a dedicated group of area physicians, seeking a better way to serve their patients. You will find everyone at our center is dedicated to the same mission!
Our facility is involved in the following state and national healthcare quality initiatives and groups:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
We have a dedicated healthcare team to making improvements, some examples include:
- Patient satisfaction
- Employee Engagement
- Medication Safety
- Infection Control
- Pain Management- Click here for a recent study on administering Tylenol pre-op
- Patient Flow Efficiency Throughout Facility
- Patient Safety
- Physician Satisfaction
We monitor multiple areas to evaluate processes and outcomes:
- Medication Administration Safety
- Prevention of Healthcare Acquired Infections
- Pre-procedure Time-outs
- Surgical Appropriateness
- National Patient Safety Goals
- Hand Hygiene
- Sterilization of Instruments
We have established an internal survey process committed to providing ongoing consultative review of our centers performance within quality standards. We utilize SPH Analytics for evaluating a range of quality services that meet the growing and changing needs of healthcare.
CSA Surgical Center is proud to announce we've received above the national average scores in regard to would you recommend the facility, confidence in care received, nursing staff and surgeon courtesy, and continues to improve upon their own scores from quarter to quarter.
In 2017, 93.1% of the surveys we received were clean surveys, which means zero negative responses, compared to an industry average of 85.9%
We value patient satisfaction responses. Our goal is and will always be to exceed your expectations!
Last year, for the patient response survey's we received back from CSA Surgical Patients, we raised $805 for the Gurucharri Foundation. A local foundation that helps provide financial assistance to persons in Mid-Missouri undergoing treatment for cancer by assisting with payments such as medical expenses, house/rent payments, utilities, transportation costs, insurance costs, child-care and more.
Here's just a few suggestions from patient feedback that we've implemented from your feedback:
- On site pre-op testing (labs, EKGs) if needed
- Increased seating in waiting room
- Footies for my feet
- Gluten free snack options in the recovery area
Here's just a few comments from CSA Surgical Patients...
- "I enjoyed how the staff supported each other... were like a family working together to make their patients comfortable."
- "The nursing staff is so friendly, kind and patient. Everyone seems to genuinely care about me and my comfort."
- "Easy access, faster than going to hospital."
- "I would recommend Dr. Cupp to anyone."
- "Great place for outpatient surgery! I had a hernia repair there and couldn't have asked for a better surgical experience. Friendly, caring, competent staff, short wait times, clean environment, quick recovery."
- "Your Director of Nursing Lisa, you had to pick her from heaven."
- "I like the whole atmosphere, which was very clean and all the staff were helpful and kind."
- "Everything went smooth."
- "My nurse Joni, was so friendly, kind, patient and welcoming. She was the best part of my surgical experience. She was so lovely and sweet, genuinely cared about my comfort."
- "Everyone was very professional and treated myself and my wife with the greatest respect."
- "Dr. Grossman and staff were wonderful! Very pleased with my experience."
- "The nurses are awesome and delightful. They helped alleviate my anxiety."
- "Fantastic! Great people, great team. Dr. Kimberly Suppes was awesome. I think it was the first time I giggled as I was being anesthetized. Thank You all for a great experience."
- "Dr. Humphrey is wonderful…everyone was compassionate and sincere."
- "Easy in, easy out….good communication."
- "Love, real humans answer the phone."
- "Dr. Suppes is fantastic, highly recommended, great bedside manner."
- "Jessica and Erin were very kind and made me feel comfortable while I was there."
- "Pre-procedure wait time was reasonable."
- "Everyone kept me well informed what was going to happen and why throughout the procedure."
- "Clean, private, courteous."
- "Joni was very nice."
- "Great staff, easy finding the center and parking."
- "The staff was very accommodating, respectful and helpful with my scheduling needs. And, I was greatly impressed with the convenience and totally professional facilities and services of the Surgical Center. I've not required surgery for many years, but my experiences always were associated with hospitals. I now have personal experience with a surgical center that is an absolutely legitimate alternative to a hospital for outpatient surgical services."